Yin, Restorative, Music and Nidra Workshop
Saturday 24th October, 6 - 8.30pm
An evening design for you to let go stress and unwind with a wonderfully relaxing and blissful, 2 hours and 30 minute Yin Yoga to Restorative Yoga accompanied with traditional Chinese Live Music and a gorgeous Yoga Nidra (deep rest)
During this replenishing workshop Lily will take you slowly through a deep Yin Yoga practice to restore Qi (chi) energy flow throughout the body, then transition into a relaxing Restorative Yoga practice which unwinds deep tension helping you slowly let go of stress and feel more connection to your body.
David will guide you through a long Yoga Nidra practice—known as yogic sleep—a meditation and conscious relaxation practice that induces total physical, mental, and emotional relaxation.
Lily will open and close the evening with traditional Chinese music played on the Guzheng, accompanying the Yoga Nidra relaxing guided meditation to finish the evening.
Who is it for?
Yin and Restorative yoga is suitable for ‘every body,’ whether you are new to yoga or a regular yoga practitioner. Just bring yourself, warm stretching clothes and socks, and if preferred your favourite warm blanket or two and any props you usually use for yoga. the studio has some props but encourages you to bring your own.
The postures practiced in these styles of yoga are passive and designed to stimulate the meridian energy pathways and parasympathetic (rest & digest) nervous system, inducing a state of mind, body and spirit in harmony and balance.
Complete beginners welcome.
This workshop is a beautiful gift to give your body, mind and soul.
Benefits of Yin Yoga
- Stimulates the meridians (energy channels) bringing balance to the organs in the body
- Improves flexibility and joint mobility
- Calms and balances the mind and body
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Works deeply on the connective tissues (fascia, tendons and ligaments)
- Can prepare the practitioner for meditation practice
- Deep Rest
- Improved Energy
- Reboot of the endocrine system
- Emotional Release
- Greater Selflove
- Changes in the automic, immune, endocrine and neuropeptide systems
- Stay warmly wrapped up for deeper rest, your body cools down more rapidly when in deep rest states
- You may like to use your own sanitised small pillow, blanket and props
- Leave your own phones switched off during the workshop
- Let go and Relax!
- bring water
- Herbal tea will be available after the practice